Cairo Sportsman's New Member Application .pdf
Cairo Sportsman's Renewal Membership Application .pdf
Cairo Sportsman's Lifetime Member Application .pdf
All members of the Cairo Sportsman's Club must also be members of the National Rifle Association. Join or renew the NRA through our club, and your cost for a 1 year NRA membership is $35.00. The NRA then reimburses our club some of the monies. Just mail a check for $35.00 to: Cairo Sportsman's Club
PO Box 20
Cairo, OH 45820
I will then send you a receipt, and send the application to the NRA.
Mike Jamison, Secretary
Constitution and By-Laws of Cairo Sportsman’s Club
Article I - Organization Name
This organization shall be known as and do business as “Cairo Sportsman’s Club Incorporated.”
Article II - Object
The object of this organization is to promote shooting sports of all types, to promote interest in firearms, to guard our Second Amendment rights to keep and bear arms, and to promote hunting, fishing and conservation of our natural resources through the fellowship of our members.
Article III - Membership
1) Any citizen of the United State of America older than 18 years who is not an illegal drug user, legally insane, a fugitive from justice or been convicted of a firearms offense shall be eligible for membership. New members are subject to a background check. All members are required to belong to the National Rifle Association.
2) Membership entitles the cardholder access to the shooting ranges during approved hours and fishing privileges as regulated by the Club. The spouse and minor children of the member may also use the range and pond if accompanied and supervised by the member. Guests may accompany a member one time, before a membership is required. Membership further entitles the cardholder voting privileges on all matters of the club.
3) New applicants must be approved at the next monthly meeting and attend an orientation prior to using the facilities.
4) Membership may be closed by a membership vote at any time.
5) Honorary members may be selected by the membership and shall be exempt of all dues. Honorary members shall have full benefits including voting rights.
6) Life members shall have full privileges until the time of their death.
7) Any member violating the character and well-being of the club or endangering the life and well-being of any person or property at the club shall lose all membership rights and shall be removed from the property.
8) Dues of the club are raised and lowered by the club based on a majority vote at regular membership meetings. Memberships are valid from April 1st until March 31st and are not pro-rated.
9) Current club dues are $55.00 per year, plus a $10.00 initiation fee for first time members. A yearly NRA membership is $35.00. Sportsman's Club Life memberships are available at $500.00. A reinstatement fee of $10 will be effective April 1, 2006 for memberships that have expired.
Article IV - Meetings
1) There will be a regular meeting of the membership the first Tuesday of each month at 7:00 PM. All motions at these meetings shall be passed by simple majority vote assuming a quorum of members is present. A quorum shall be five members whose membership exceeds 60 days of duration.
2) Emergency meetings may be held if notification of all officers and all members present at the previous monthly meeting is made.
Article V - Officers
Officers of the club shall be President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer, or Secretary/Treasurer as desired by the voting members. The nomination of officers will be made at the November meeting, and the election of officers will be held at the December meeting. All members attending the December meeting will be eligible to vote. New officers will take office commencing in January. All terms of office shall be one year.
Article VI - Duties of Officers
President – The President shall preside at all meetings and maintain order at said meetings. All business shall be conducted according to Robert’s Rules of Order. The President may appoint committees to pursue action as voted on by the voting members. The President shall also act as the agent of the club in matters concerning club property.
Vice-President – The Vice-President shall also preside over all meetings and perform the President’s duties when requested by the President. The
Vice-President shall also serve as chairman of all committees appointed by the President.
Secretary – The Secretary shall conduct all official correspondence pertaining to club business, members, and newsletters. The Secretary shall keep an accurate record of all meetings and provide those records at all meetings. The Secretary shall also keep an accurate record of all members. The Secretary may receive dues for the club and turn said dues over to the Treasurer.
Treasurer – The Treasurer shall be in charge of all finances of the club and pay all bills of the club. The Treasurer shall maintain an accurate record of all moneys received and paid out of the club funds and make report of those records at each monthly meeting. The Treasurer shall place club funds in any financial institution to make for convenience in performing the duties of that office. The President shall appoint an auditing committee to audit the books of the club every September. The Treasurer shall have the books ready and available for that meeting or at any time the office changes due to election of a new Treasurer.
Article VII - Replacement of Officers
Vacancies occurring in the officer positions shall be filled as follows: the
Vice-President shall replace the President. The Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer shall be replaced by special election to fill the remainder of the term.
Article VIII - Leases
Leasing of club property including but not limited to the trap range, rifle and pistol range, and clubhouse shall be handled by the lease committee appointed by the President on an annual basis. All leases shall be documented by a written agreement signed by all parties concerned.
Article IX - Constitutional and By-Law Changes
Proposed changes to these by-laws and rules are to be made at regular monthly meetings and will require a 70% majority to be approved.
Article X - Range Rules and Security
1) Security for club property and safety should be high priority. A lock and chain will secure the gate on the drive to the shooting ranges. All members will be given the combination to this lock, thus giving them access to the ranges. The lock is to be replaced by the member after passing through the gate, reopened upon leaving the ranges and again replaced. The combination of the lock shall be changed periodically.
2) All persons using our facility shall exercise extreme caution and concern for the welfare of other people and property on and off the club. Keep all firearms unloaded until ready to shoot and never point or allow anyone else to point a loaded weapon at anything other than approved targets.
3) Shooting times will be as follows:
Monday through Saturday – 8:00 A.M. until Dusk
Sunday – 12:00 noon until Dusk
Trap shoots under lights – until 10:00 P.M.
4) All targets shall be paper targets and shall be removed along with any trash at the end of your shooting session. Targets are to be placed only on the provided target system, never on the hills, ground or posts. No cans, bottles or any other material may be used for targets at any time. Only handguns may be shot on the pistol range. No portable target racks are allowed. All targets must be placed so all shots impact the back hill. No use of fully automatic firearms is permitted except by law enforcement officials. Violation of these rules will result in suspension of your membership.
5) Trap Shoots are held every Wednesday evening from 6:00 PM until 10:00
PM and are open to the public. The club must approve any other use of the trap range.
6) All use of alcoholic beverages is not permitted to persons shooting. If you drink, don’t shoot.
Article XI - Pond Use
All members in good standing shall be permitted to fish in the Club Pond.
The spouse and minor children may also fish if accompanied by the member.
All fishing shall be catch and release until further notice.
No one shall be permitted to place any fish in the pond without prior approval of the Club at a regular meeting.
Swimming and boating are strictly prohibited. Violators should be reported to any officer of the Club for possible legal action.
All trash, beverage containers, etc. shall be placed in the trash receptacles provided.